Monday, July 17, 2006

Today's Upper Body De-Load Workout



A de-load workout or de-load week is incorporated in a training program to give you time to recover and ADAPT to the previous week's training. I guess you could say it is part of periodization, but I despise that overused, poorly understood term

As I mentioned after my last bench workout, I was a little stale.

So if this happens, it is best to de-load, and let your muscles recover and then theoretically, your body will compensate and you'll progress (i.e. get stronger).

So I took the bar out of my hands. Literally. No benching.

I did:

Pushups for Warmup (15, 20)
Y's, T's, & DB Rear Delt raises (3x10)

DB Press (3x12) using light dumbbells
BB Row (3x15)

Kneeling Cable Crunch (2x20)
Standing Pullover (3x15)

The standing pullover is an often neglected, but excellent exercise if you have access to cables. You should feel it in your lats, abs, triceps, and even your pecs.

See the picture above for the final position of the standing pullover.
Brace your abs. Use different grips to hit your lats and triceps differently.

Good times,

CB

No comments: