Sunday, August 20, 2006

Fat Loss & Video Games

Will New Video Games Help Kids With Fat Loss?

A couple of years ago I was asked by an electronics magazine (I forget which one) about a new interactive video game. The game, just like several new games coming out on the market, require the user to perform physical activity in conjunction with the game.

I was asked if I think this will work.

And I have no doubts that it will fail.

Interactive video games will not be successful. They will end up in the bargain bins in no time at all.

I'm not saying they aren't a helpful idea, I'm just saying they are wishful thinking.

If kids wanted to exercise, they wouldn't be choosing video games over exercise.

Adding exercise to video games is not going to help, let alone solve the child obesity problem.

Increasing physical activity and decreasing junk food intake are the only things that will help.

I also believe that kids can keep their video games, just as long as they get in some hard exercise and stop eating crap.

Get the kids active,

CB



fat loss video games

No comments: