Thursday, August 10, 2006

Mile 10


Running my 5:30 mile

Did my mile training in my new "Fitcast" t-shirt from www.thefitcast.com (just like the one the model is wearing in today's photo - NOTE: That is not me in the photo).

Used the treadmill again, BUT I used a 1% incline...as running magazines typically say that adding a 1% grade to a treadmill equates better to running on ground.

Also, I decreased the rest intervals, and tried to repeat the quarter mile workout I did here: http://turbulencetraining.blogspot.com/2006/08/8-mile.html

This time, I did 4, not 5 quarter miles.

All at 11.0mph and 1% incline.

All with only 30 seconds rest between each.

Good strong and tough.

Again, I attribute a lot of my success to my leg strength. Each stride is strong and takes less effort than a weaker person would have to apply.

Runners take note: Strength is good.

CB


running a mile

No comments: