Thursday, December 07, 2006

31 Exercises You Can Do At Home

Okay, how you doing with the holiday rush? Hope you are holding up well...

Now if you haven't checked out my 10-minute Holiday Workout, I recommend you get it HERE

In addition, here's a list of many dumbbell and bodyweight exercises you can do at home over the holidays - just in case you can't get to the gym.

After all, many people don't have time to consistently go to the gym and want to workout at home. But how many exercises can you do in your workouts at home with dumbbells?

I have put together some training options you can do at home. The options include dumbbell workouts and exercises that need no external resistance. I have provided many options so that even a home workout can have variety.

(DB = dumbbell)

Leg Exercises
DB squat
DB lunge
DB step-up (onto bench)
DB split squat

Chest Exercises
DB Flat Chest Press
DB Incline Chest Press
DB Decline Chest Press
DB Flat Chest Fl
yDB Incline Chest Fly
DB Decline Chest Fly
DB Pullover

Back Exercises
DB Row
DB Shrug
DB Row-Shrug Hybrid

Shoulder Exercises
DB Shoulder Press
DB -1arm Shoulder Press
DB Lateral Raise
DB Rear Delt Raise

Next is a bunch of leg exercises that will not require external resistance. They challenge you for leg strength, endurance, balance, and agility.

1-leg squat
1-leg deadlift
1-leg romanian deadlift

Push-up Options
Finally, the push-up is an upper-body exercise that is effective at building upper-body endurance and moderate levels of strength.

Pushups (kneeling for beginners)
Decline Pushups
Elevated Pushup (one hand elevated 4-6 inches on a riser)
Spiderman Pushups (bring your knee to your elbow as you lower your body to the floor)
Close-grip Pushups

Ab Exercises
In our ab training, we try to avoid spinal flexion (i.e. rounding the back in crunches). So we stick with...
Plank
Side Plank
Bird Dog (these three are the most basic exercises to start with, and are great for people that need to improve abdominal endurance)

Then into more advanced ab exercises that still avoid spinal flexion:
Spiderman Climber
Mountain Climber

Whew, that's it, and should keep you busy with your workouts at home.

Train safe, train hard, train fast,
CB

PS - Get your 10-minute workout plan to get you through the last bit of holidays...
...and to help you deal with the holiday rush at the gym. This workout will allow you to avoid the crowds, and get out of there fast!

This 10 min holiday workout was amazing. When you sent it to me it couldn?t have come at a better time. I missed my training session for the day and didn?t have much time to get a workout in so I tried your new TT 10 min holiday workout. It was awesome. Not only did it hit every major muscle group, but my heart rate was sky high?two big components in fat burning! I develop workouts all of the time for myself and my own clients. Your ten minute TT workout was easy to follow, quick and still kicked my butt. Great job and thanks for the program!!?
Keith Scott, CSCS, ATC

I love this new 10 minute workout from the Member?s section. It makes it so easy for me when I am too tight for time. Also the layout of the exercises plus pics together are great. It is so easy to follow now. The combination of execises are really great and I am getting results all the time. The incredible part is my tummy is getting smaller without having to do all those crunches and situps. TT exercises are great.
Shelly Wong Oi Hou

go here ===> 10-minute Holiday Workout

No comments: