Thursday, March 22, 2007

Fast Workouts & Off-Day Workouts

I spent last weekend in Chicago learning from Dr. Chris Mohr, Dr. Hector Lopez, Dr. Kara Gallagher, and others. I learned some valuable nutrition tips and ways to help improve my program design.

You always need to be learning.

And asking questions.

So here's this week's Q'n'A. You can thank your fellow readers for asking these common questions over at www.TTmembers.com

If you're not a member, and want almost immediate answers to your fat loss questions, join today for only $9.95 per month and get access to the best fat loss forum on the Net.

Q: On off TT days, what do suggest for getting in 30 minutes of activity? I do my strength training and intervals on the same day and use the treadmill for my intervals.

So should I hop on the stationary bike for 30 minutes and get some activity in that way? If so do I just spin or put the resistance up? or what would you recommend?

Answer:
Don't "Spin". You can bike at a normal pace, go for a walk. Do easy bodyweight exercises.

It should be anything that doesn't interfere with your recovery from yesterday's workout and your preparation for tomorrows workout.


Q: My boyfriend really likes your turb training plan and I want to do it too. I used to do some pers. training back in college, and wanted to know if the intervals can be done with good, hard calesthenics like running-in-place, jumping jacks or even plyometric jump squats, squat thrusts, etc. I realize sprinting is better, but sometimes we have to do it in our apartment or when I travel, I want to be able to workout in my hotel room. What are some alternative intervals that you'd suggest when there is no equipment and not much room?

Answer:

Yes, those are all great. I also have some Youtube videos with ideas. See them here:

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=cbathletics

Thanks! You will also be interested in the TT members site: http://www.ttmembers.com/

It contains more youtube videos available to members only!

Thanks!


Q:
Lately I have experienced several life changing events and I am completely lost. First off, I really want to loose about thirty pounds, but need to loose at least twenty. I am 5'11 weigh just under 220lbs and feel like crap. Motivation has never been an issue for me, I like going to the gym and the rewards it brings but with me it truly is a matter of time. I get up at 5:30, drive to work and get home at 5:30. Then I spend time with family till 9, then go to sleep - but the baby gets up 2x's each night, interrupting my sleep.

Craig, I am really at a loss here, my day is maxed out and I don't see where I can fit in a workout.

Answer: The solution is simple.
Workout on Saturday and Sunday only, and improve your nutrition to 95% compliance. You will lose fat this way. If you can do 10-20 minutes of bodyweight circuits at 9pm or 5am each day, you'll get even closer to success.
Sacrifice a little more, and you'll succeed a lot.


Q: I know I need to make my meals better after reading your notes. I do take 3 1,000mg of Omega-3 fatty acids supplements a day. Should I be taking more?

Answer:
For fish oils, you need to take a look at how each capsule breaks down. You need 3.5g of EPA and DHA combined.

Out of 1000mg, you'll probably have 300-500 of EPA and DHA combined...so you'll likely need to double your fish oil intake.


Q: I have been received your newsletter (which I enjoy immensely) but have not yet subscribed. The only reason that I haven?t subscribed is that I am confused by your different product offerings. I see that I could purchase an E-book for a one-time cost of $39.95 or I could do a monthly membership of $9.95 or even an annual membership for $147. How do these all differ?

Answer:
Thanks for the email.

First, what are your goals?

If it is fat loss, then I'd direct you to the 39.95 ebook - get it here.

If you need specific help with your diet and program analyzed, you should join the membership site.

For 9.95 per month, you get access to the forums, fat loss interviews, and the workout of the month.

And for $147, you get 1-years access plus ALL the manuals.

So the $147 is the best deal. If you were a basic member for 12 months, you'd spend $120 for the year. But as a Platinum member, not only do you get everything that a basic member gets, but you also get access to over $3000 worth of TT manuals AND the video clip library.

So basically, you get all of the workouts for an extra $27.

Get started at www.TTmembers.com

Hopefully that cleared things up. if not, let me know more about your goals and training history and needs.

We all need more education to succeed in life,

CB

PS. Got a problem? Do you need fat loss help ASAP?

If you're not a TTmember, and want almost immediate answers to your fat loss questions, join today for only $9.95 and get access to the best fat loss forum on the Net.

Click HERE To join TT Members today!

"Craig, I have contacted many professional trainers over the years and your quick response time and feeback is unparalleled in comparison. At TTmembers.com you can expect the same type of treatment. The programs you design are the most superior fat loss workouts out there! What I like, however, is how easily adaptable the workouts are to any personal goal. I also wanted to say a little something about the video resources at TTmembers.com. The youtube videos are great quality. Its also refreshing to know that the guy writing your program can also perform all the exercises he recommends, which is not always the case. The fact that TTmembers.com offers every workout you have every published, video resources, interviews with the industry's finest coaches, and a discussion forum for one price is amazing! Simply the best resource out there for anyone who wants to look great, feel great, and perform great. Awesome job!"
Brian Yureskes, Salt Lake City, UT

Click HERE To join TT Members today!

No comments: