Sunday, June 17, 2007

7-Day Guide for Fat Burning

Happy Father's Day to many readers. I hope you are having a great one today, and enjoying some fine weather wherever you are...

Now, along with fine summer weather comes events where clothing is often optional. And if you're on this list, chances are you want to leave a lasting impression on the crowd.

Here's your 7-day guide to improving your body...

Monday 
Today you are going to pause for a full second in each repetition, after you lower the weight. This will make your muscles work in a different way, thus putting more turbulence on them and burning more calories after this workout.

So when you lower the weight to your chest in a dumbbell press, pause for a full second before lifting the weights back up. Do this for all of your exercises today...

Tuesday
30 minute of activity. Today and tomorrow are the longest days of the year. Take full advantage. (And for those south of the equator, look on the brightside, the days are now getting longer!).

 

Wednesday

I'm a big fan of training the upper back. That's one of my "hot zones" that have to be addressed in each workout. So use the Wide-Grip Seated Row in one of your workouts this week.

 

Thursday
30 minutes of activity followed by abdominal endurance exercises such as the plank and side plank. Don't neglect these basics...see below for why...

  

Friday

TT workout, followed by a meal of lean protein, fiber-rich vegetables, and healthy fat. So skip the order-in pizza, and go with the sushi instead.

 

Saturday 

30 minutes of exercise. Then meet with your Social Support Group. Hit the beach and be proud of the changes you have made so far this year...it's been a heck of a journey in '06.

 

Sunday
Plan, shop, and prepare.

 

Don't be like my dog and just eat anything. Make a plan and stick to it, even if you are traveling.

 

I interviewed another fitness model last week for an Oxygen magazine article and she even takes her own food for the airplane.


A good idea. You'll end up feeling 10x's better than all the other passengers on the plane that get sucked into eating processed foods, sugary carbohydrates, and sodas.

 

Plan, prepare, succeed.

 

"I am doing some of things TT recommends and it's making life so great. Instead of waking up at 6:30 i now wake at 6 am and get in about 20 mins of HIIT or cardio. Then on Sundays I cut up my broccoli and each morning I make my lunch and dinner: chicken, turkey pepperoni, swiss (no fat) on whole wheat with a little brown mustard. So that's my lunch, then I pack my protein bar and make my morning shakes: oats, milk, berries and whey. Every Sunday I also pack my snacks, almonds (in little baggies), veggies, so I'm good to go in the mornings."
Apurva Parikh

All the hard work is about to pay off for you...

CB

P.S. Don't neglect the basics...

Last week I trained with another strength coach. We did some cleans and deadlifts, and just when we got up to some heavy weights, he tweaked his back.

He shook his head, and scolded himself for not doing his ab work and stretching. If he had taken care of the basics, he would have had a better lifting session.

And that goes for you as well...take care of your abs and stretching with the routines, guidelines, and exercises in the Turbulence Training for Fat Loss manual. The bonus ab workouts will keep your back safe, and abs looking sharp.

Click here to get started on the most comprehensive fat loss and fitness package available on the Internet.

 

No comments: