Friday, June 01, 2007

Friday Deadlift Workout

Today I stepped into a time machine. Or the next big thing, anyways.

The YMCA in stratford. Where there's still people wearing those bodybuilder pants and string tank tops. Good times.

Other visuals...

a) The guy doing leg extensions with his arms crossed and a really bored look on his face.

b) The guy reading a magazine while using the preacher curl machine.

c) The guy standing on 2 inflatable disks doing high-speed dumbell biceps curls.

Listen, if you are doing curls, the only thing you should ever be standing on is the floor. And that goes for pretty much every lifting exercise. If you want to change your body, forget about lifting on a wobble board, balance board, BOSU ball, or inflatable disk. Dumbell chest presses while
lying on the ball are not bad. But that's the exception.

So if you're a guy, go back into the change room and get your balls out of your manpurse, and then get back into the gym and lift some heavier weights.


There is no logic to reducing the weight so that you can stand on a balance board while you lift. Stop it. And remember, friends don't let friends lift on wobble boards either.

Okay, so my workout was...

Double overhand grip Personal Best - 365. very good.

Deadlift (3x5 at 315)
supersetted with
DB Bench press (5x5 with 100 pound dumbells).

Despite the absurdity I see everytime I visit the good ol' Y, or any other commercial gym in the universe, I still like training there. Good times, good people. Just like the old high school days,

cb
Real Muscle Building Workouts

1 comment:

Moby Dick said...

How do you read a magazing while doing curls on a machine? The bar is across the middle of every machine I have ever seen. I guess the people at your gym are total fucktards. Go somewhere else. I have seen some annoying fucks at the gym, and if I saw a whole bunch like what you describe, I would move on. It is demotivating.