Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Bodyweight Interval Fat Burning Circuit Q'n'A

Here's a bodyweight circuit training question and answer session I did on my fat loss forum.

TTMember Q: I was looking at this bodyweight workout and was wondering if I should use the "advanced" or the "beginner" interval routine. Personally, I like the look of this interval routine (again from the forums):

Y-Squat (15-20 reps)
Pushup (10 reps)
Single leg deadlift (12 reps)
Band pull (8 reps)
Jumping Jack (30 reps)
Mountain Climber (8 reps per)

But I am concerned that some of those exercises are ones that I do as part of my BW workouts. Does it look like that would be too much?
CB's Answer:


TTMember Response:
I am currently doing 32 pushups as part of the phase 2 body weight workouts, so I would guess I can do about 35 or so if I tried to max out on 'fresh' (i.e. untired) muscles.

I think I will go with a split squats then, for 12 reps per leg. As far as jumping jacks go, is 30 reps too many?


CB's Response:
Great work on the pushups, those should be no problem and I think 30 Jumping Jacks should be no problem for you.

TTMember:
Excellent, thanks for the input. It never ceases to amaze me how prompt and helpful your replies are. Keep up the good work!

Get more calorie burning fat loss help here

Also, if you are looking for a Personal Trainer in Toronto - watch this video

No comments: