Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Bodyweight Circuits vs Treadmill Workouts

One of my private clients emailed me recently, "Help! My treadmill broke. What can I do for intervals?"

Another Turbulence Training user recently gave up smoking, but is having a hard time keeping up the fat loss. What can he do to increase his calorie-burning to make up for the metabolism-boost that he lost from quitting cigarettes?

My answer? Bodyweight to the rescue.

I have used a lot of tough bodyweight circuits to help keep my client's (and your) fat loss going at record pace.

Here's one fat loss circuit: 

  • Y-squat (20 reps)
  • Jumping Jacks (60 reps)
  • T-Squat (20 reps)
  • Siff Squat (20 reps)
  • Diagonal Lunge (12 reps per leg)

Do each exercise one after the other. Then take 1-minute rest and repeat the circuit.

You can do up to 5 circuits if you are really fit.

(NOTE: We now have the manuals available for shipping)

You're looking at about 4 minutes per circuit, and your legs should be fatigued after only the 3rd round. 4-5 circuits are only for advanced bodyweight masters.

After 3 rounds of the circuit I followed it up with a killer bodyweight ab routine (in which none of the exercises was done flat on my back), but I put that in the September TT ab workout of the month.

Bodyweight burns the fat,

CB

P.S. Bodyweight beats bodybuilding too!

"Had my first bodyweight work out from your program last night, which I started at phase two, and I was totally caught off guard at the high level of energy and strength that is needed to complete these circuits.  Im used to regular "bodybuilding" exercises and I assumed my strength there would compliment me in these circuits, but it turns out I was wrong, for the most part.  By the second circuit I was already lowering my reps, as I wasn't strong enough nor did I have the necessary endurance to complete the circuit at the recommended reps.  My body felt like it went through a 2 hour workout, when in fact I was done with in about 30 minutes.  I particularly enjoy the fact that these can mostly all be done at home." 
Brad Wittig

Click HERE to get my Fat Loss & Bodyweight Manuals mailed to you


No comments: