Monday, December 10, 2007

12 Minute Turbulence Training Workouts


Two weeks till Christmas Eve. Where will you be that day?

We'll be at our family's house in the country, walking my Chocolate Lab, little Bally, through the snow in the fields and watching him chase the smells of rabbits and groundhogs - and looking so proud of himself as he returns to our side - now that's a good dog.

Yet I'll still be slipping in my workouts, and going to the gym on the 24th, the 26th, and the 28th of that week. I'll find the time to stick to my regular program.

But if you have more obligations, more little ones to look after, more last minute presents to buy and more post-Christmas sales to attack, then take my best piece of holiday fat burning workout advice in order to stay lean and "fat-free" this holiday season.

First, realize there is no need to skip exercise during the busy holidays! A 12-minute workout can give you 75% of the results as a regular workout.

Here's how to do it...

Choose 2 exercises and perform them back to back without rest. For example, if using dumbells, you could do a dumbell squat and a dumbell chest press.

If doing bodyweight exercises only, you could use prisoner squats and close-grip pushups.

The first time through the pair, use either 50% of the weight you normally use, or do 50% of the reps you'd normally do (if you choose bodyweight exercises). Then rest 30 seconds. The second time through, work at 75% capacity. Rest 30 seconds.

Now you are ready to go at 100% capacity (using your normal weight for 8-10 repetitions per set or doing as many reps as you can with the bodyweight exercises).

Rest 30 seconds after doing both exercises, then repeat, and work until 12 minutes are up.

How does this help?

You still burn calories and build muscle while losing fat, all in only 12 minutes...so it saves you time you need to spend on holiday activities.

Who knows, you may like it so much it becomes your regular workout approach.

If you want more 12-minute workouts, sign-up for Turbulence Training and as part of the bonuses, you'll get access to the TT Members site, where I've just added video of 9 different 12-minute workouts for you to do anytime you don't have time for a full workout.

Remember - that workout is in the Members area, and when you start with Turbulence Training, you get 3-months access to the Member's site.

Enjoy!

Click HERE to get started with Turbulence Training

Get with the program,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Author, Turbulence Training

PS - Turbulence Training Burns 14 pounds of fat in 6 weeks.

"In 6 weeks I have lost 6.5kg (14.3lbs). Bear in mind that I was not excessively overweight but I am now in my ideal weight range (with abs) without dropping off existing musculature. As far as internal health goes my cholesterol has dropped from 6.4mmol/L to 3.7 mmol/L (247mg/dL to 142mg/dL). Guess what! my life insurance premiums will reduce accordingly if i keep it this way. I can tell you that this point alone covers the cost many times over. Did I mention I feel great."
Alan Rogers

"Dear Craig, while I've been a member for about a month now, I can honestly say that you and your tt program and you are great. I have lost 10 lbs. so far. additionally, you are an extremely unique and wonderful person. in the past,you have always been there for me. I can't thank you enough."
Jennifer

"In the last 3 1/2 to 4 weeks my body has become much stronger, as well as leaner, with muscle....It's funny some of the trainers at my gym watch me work out and often ask where do I get my workouts from...and my abs are incredible. All I can say is THANK YOU....THANK YOU...THANK YOU."
Avery James

Click HERE to get started with Turbulence Training

No comments: