Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday Deadlift Personal Best Workout

Workouts are going great, energy levels are off the charts, and strength in a lot of my exercises is as good as ever...so I was jumping at the chance to do today's workout. I was going to do it late afternoon, but couldn't hold off.

I went in, and before I lifted, I wandered into the basketball court and tried to touch the rim. And I can still do it, not bad for a 33-year old, 5'8" white guy.

After I went straight to deadlifts, and hit a new personal best at 375 overhand grip for 1 rep, no straps. And to my credit, the bar was smooth, and no knurling for grip.

Strength

Overhand grip, 375x1

Alternate grip, 355x5, 355x3 (didn't do third set)

TT Intermediate Workout A

1A) DB Split Squat - 90x2x8
1B) DB Incline Press - 60x2x8 (went easy, because of Saturday kettlebell workout)

2A) BB RDL - 225x8, 235x8
2B) Pushups - 47

3) Cable Ab Crunches - 4x10

I cut some things out because of time and to be conservative. Sometimes, when you set a big record, you would be wise to cut back on the rest of the workout. I first learned this from Charlie Francis in one of his sprint training books.

This is my last week on the TT Intermediate workout, then I go on holiday for a week (July 5-12), where I'll do a lot of bodyweight and a lot of kettlebell training.

If you are looking for a new workout, don't miss the July workout...

Click Here for the July 2008 DB-BW Fusion Workout

Craig

No comments: