Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Diet for Six Pack Abs

I've been up since 3:30am, endured a 5-hour flight from Toronto to Vancouver, and a full day of a seminar, but I still have enough energy to write you this email. Thanks to sticking with my six pack abs nutrition, and avoiding airport and airplane food, I haven't gotten sluggish.

In fact, I'm writing this from a restaurant in the historic Gastown District of Vancouver, about to have an organic greens salad with pear, toasted wlanuts, and a little feta cheese, plus grilled calamari.

No Turbulence Training workout today, but I'll stay active walking today and hit a TT workout tomorrow morning. I can't wait. I actually had to hold myself back from training today. I wish you felt the same way. I really do.

We'll talk more about how you can get that "I like to workout!" mindset in the future.

But today, on to nutrition.

The truth is, nutrition is so easy. (Once you realize how hard it is.)

Ouch. You probably didn't like that, did ya?

But with practice, and using my "baby step" method of getting better everyday, you can build a better nutrition mindset as well.

For me, I started my early morning off with raw vegetables, and then a half cup of blueberries in a little bit of real, organic cream.

I also had an apple before getting on the plane, and then 2 hours into my flight, I had a big snack of organic nuts and dried fruit.

A much better choice than the greasy breakfast sandwich, a bag of heavily oiled and salted nuts, and a Coke consumed by the guy beside me. It's as if he didn't know - or care - that the flight was 5 hours long and so he didn't prepare ahead.

(I wouldn't give the guy a hard time, but c'mon, he was reading a copy of Muscle'n'Fiction magazine. Either find something better to read - which isn't hard - or eat the part.)

The truth is that he could have prepared better. Heck, everyday we all can prepare better. So that's your job today, tonight, tomorrow and forever, is to prepare to avoid being left with no other options.

All you need to do is spend 10-15 minutes on Sunday looking at your week...what obstacles do you need to plan for so that you can avoid diet disasters?

For more information on my eating style that helped me get better abs at age 33 than age 23 (and meal plans to take all the work out of your diet preparation), grab a copy of the NEW TT for Abs Home Abdominal Workout program and go through the Isabel De Los Rios.

Isabel's guidelines and meals are right on track with how I've been eating for the last 2 years - and you've seen the results of that.

One more thing...

Its important that you know something.

If I can do this, you can do this.

You see, I'm a reformed picky eater. Didn't eat salad till I was 24.

No spinach till 29. No asparagus till 26. Just had my first taste of avocado in 2007. The only reason I like broccoli as a kid was because I drowned it in butter.

Heck, I didn't even let different foods on my plate touch one another until I was 23.

But over time I tried new things and worked to take baby steps and eat better everyday.

If I can do it, you can do it.

Nutrition is the most important factor for fat loss,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Author, Turbulence Training For Abs Home Abdominal Workouts

P.S. Get your fat burning meal plans for men and women...

...and 3 other FREE GIFTS that you get if you grab your copy of TT for Abs before Wednesday, July 23rd at midnight.

Click HERE for Turbulence Training for Abs & the Nutrition Meal Plans Bonus

No comments: