Friday, July 18, 2008

Wasted Workout

Before I tell you about one of the hottest and stickiest gyms I've ever trained in, I want to point out that some girl just wasted 10 minutes of her life lying on a gross old gym mat on a grungy floor doing crunches and reverse crunches. The poor girl. Neither exercise has any real benefit on anything...those moves won't change her mid-section, burn any fat, or improve her lower back health.

Those 10 minutes were a complete and utter waste of time.

Especially when you consider where she was doing it...

I'll be honest, I train in a really disgusting gym. It stinks, it must have been 1000% humidity or something in there, nobody wipes anything down, the change rooms are gross, and the members are a little odd.

But the dumbbells are heavy. There are 3 squat racks (and 4 bench presses!). And lots of iron. So it's fine by me, but not sure why you'd want to do crunches anywhere near that floor. Or any floor.

(Click here for CRUNCH-FREE ab workouts)

As for my workout, my shirt was soaked within 5 minutes of getting in there. And drenched by the time I finished my deadlifts.

Strength work

Overhand Grip Deadlifts - 365x1, 275x2x8

Supersets

1A) DB Bench Press - 95x3x6
1B) BB RDL - 225x2x8

2A) Pistols - 2x6 (terrible...the heat and the other leg work ruined my performance at this point)
2B) 1-Arm Standing DB Shoulder Press - 55x8, 60x6

That's it.

Kettlebells tomorrow.

And next week I'm off to a seminar in Vancouver and to see if the city is as beautiful as the hippies say it is,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS

PS - The 1st 100 folks who grab TT for Abs on Monday...

...get an extra bonus worth $59.85.

Get TT for Abs HERE

No comments: