Monday, September 29, 2008

6am Workout

I don't usually workout so early, but had meetings all day today...so I got up at 5, did a bit of work, then did a quick interval type training workout and some stretching. I actually went outside for a 10 minute walk to get started, because I was quite stiff.

So I walked around "Little Poland" in the West end of Toronto. Nice neighborhood, very eclectic. Every shop on the main street is a sausage shop, a bakery, or an organic food store. Locals are either overweight or super healthy. But we all manage to co-exist peacefully.

When I got home...

Stretches
Kettlebell Swing Intervals (using the popular Tabata method: 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off, 8 times).
More stretches

Back to heavy weights tomorrow,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Grab TT Bodyweight Cardio at => www.turbulencetraining.com

2 comments:

Daniel Iversen said...

Great quick post, Craig. The takeaway for me here is: there is no excuse not to get in a quick workout. I know I can fit in a couple more workouts per week with a 10 minute warm-up and 4 minutes or so of high intensity intervals. Thanks for the reminder of how fast it can be. Gonna go right now!

Andy said...

Nice tabatas here, Craig. Doing circuits today gave me that different feel as well not realizing how much I missed going heavy again myself.