Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday Bench Workout and Off to UFC 98

Moved my workout up a bit, because I'm not sure about my training schedule for the next 7 days. I'm off to Vegas for some work stuff next week, but also slipping in a chance to go to UFC 98 on Saturday night. Might go to see Dane Cook on Sunday night, too.

So I'll probably get back in the gym on Monday, but then I don't think I'll be able to do a real workout again until Thursday because of work stuff. And on Thursday morning I'll be flying from Vegas to Newark, because I'm speaking at this personal trainer business seminar in Jersey.  

I finally get back to Toronto next Friday night. Should be a good little road tour with a nice combo of business and pleasure, plus plenty of time to read some books on flights and meet some good folks along the way - especially in Jersey at the seminar.

Now for today's workout...

1) Bench - worked up to 275 for 3 single repetitions

2A) Wide-grip Deadlift - 4x10
2B) DB Chest Press - 3x12

3) Seated Row Drop Set - 1x15 with 180, 1x10 with 150, 1x10 with 135

That was it.

Speaking of workouts, check out my latest blog post on the Hardcore Turbulence Training workout routine.

Have a great workout and a great weekend,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS

PS - I just posted what I eat everyday...

...Check out my blog here:

Craig's Daily Meal Plan

1 comment:

Julie Linhart said...

A UFC Fight in person. I am so jealous. Did you get to go? If so how was it in person. I am probably the biggest UFC female fan. Can't wait to hear about it.