Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday Workout, Monday Bodyweight Exercises

I did my Monday workout on Sunday morning, because I had to fly to Washington on Sunday night and I wont be able to stick to my regular program...also, today was the start of a new 4-week program.

1) Hang Clean + Front Squat (3x5)

2A) Bench Press (2x6)
2B) Pistol Squat (2x5)

3A) BB Row (2x12)
3B) DB Incline Press (2x8)

And now for something completely different...

Last week I trained with a bodyweight exercise coach Adam Steer and he showed me some pretty cool exercises and gave me
a tip on how to make push-ups easier.
 
But then he showed me this crazy exercise video of him doing what he calls "a bodyweight FLOW series".
 
You have to check it out here:

=> Click here for an amazing bodyweight exercise video
 
You have never seen bodyweight exercises done like this before,
 
Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
 
PS - Adam is also giving away a free 12-minute bodyweight program.
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That one-leg squat to the ground and up is insane!

Lincoln Bryden said...

The exercises look great and is very similar to a group exercise class that I have been teaching for a number of years. I like this because it is teaching functional movement with core stability. Wicked!

Chris said...

Craig , I've noticed you incorporate the overhead squat into your program frequently, do you incorporate that as a lower bodyexcercise or as an upper body excercise in your program. Would it be good to do before doing regular back squats or on another day, I do an upper lower split designed by ferruggia.

Thanks!

- chris

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

The overhead squat is a total body warmup exercise or an upper body exercise, not lower.