Monday, October 05, 2009

Fat Loss Philosophy & Workout

I suppose I was feeling a little philosophical today because I posted some fat loss thoughts on Facebook that got a lot of replies. The first was something I've said many times on this blog...

Once you realize and accept how hard it is to lose fat, then you'll find the process to be quite simple. You'll understand that you need to plan your meals in advance, prepare for your workouts (so you don't just "wing it" at the gym), set up social support, and identify solutions for all of the obstacles in your life. Once you "get it", then you'll finally be ready to succeed.

The second was:

Saying that "diets don't work" is a politically-correct excuse that allows people to avoid diets in the first place. The politically-incorrect truth is that diets DO work...its the people that don't work. So what you need to do is continue looking for the diet that will work for you. Don't just give up. But remember, even the right diet will take hard work and consistency. Good luck, I know you can do it.

Then I followed that up with my workout...

1A) Shrugs
1B) Bench

2A) Seated Row
2B) Incline DB Press

3A) Plank
3B) Side Plank

Finished off with some lower body stretching.

Stay strong,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Author, Turbulence Training

PS - I also posted this one yesterday that includes one of my favorite quotes...

Write this down and live your life according to this...Kekich Credo #75 - "Persistence is a sure path to success with quality activities. Never, ever, ever, give up."

4 comments:

Kris M said...

What warmup would you recommend for a workout like this? Would a Y, T, W, L circuit suffice?

Kris M said...

What warmup would you recommend for a workout like this? Would a Y, T, W, L circuit suffice?

Lisa M said...

Hi Craig - Your first thought about fat loss - so true. Once I finally "got it" - my body has started to change. I really enjoy your posts and appreciate your straight-forwardness! Now off for my kettlebell w/o in the backyard while the baby sleeps! Best, Lisa

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

Awesome stuff Lisa!