Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Back to the Gym

Started the day in Washington but then finally got back to Toronto and nicer weather...jeez, it was like dreary old England down there in DC.

Last night I went to Chipotle for a quick dinner...its not perfect, but definitely one of my favorite fast food options. I had the vegetarian fajita burrito with extra guacamole. Brilliant.

But if you are eating at home, use this kick-butt recipe that Jay Ferruggia posted today for quinoa burritos. Here's the ingredient list:

8 spelt wraps
1 cup quinoa
2 avocados, cut in slices
1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
1 can favorite fresh salsa
1 small red onion, diced
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans
Fresh cilantros

Cook the quinoa like rice and heat the beans together in a pan. Put everything in separate bowls when it's ready and spoon it into your spelt wrap. I use quinoa because it's better for you than rice. Feel free to add in some shrimp or salmon as well. They're fast, simple and delicious.

********************
Also, Jay has a kickbutt giveaway for you here...But the access links will disappear at midnight tonight, May 19th.

There's nothing to buy, just free stuff so head on over to...

=> http://www.freemusclegifts.com/

On the way back from Washington, I read the June/July issue of Men's Fitness on the plane...its good...lots of recipes in there too for nutrition folks.

When I got home, I made a quick blender drink and then hit the gym for this workout:

1) Jumps

2) Full Squats

3A) Glute-ham raises
3B) Step-ups

4A) Kettlebell Swings
4B) Planks

Blender drink ingredients were limited because of low supplies in the house:

1 banana, frozen strawberries, almond butter, cacao powder, almond milk.

Finally...today's kick butt mindset tip:

"You must constantly ask yourself these questions: Who am I around? What are they doing to me? What have they got me reading? What have they got me
saying? Where do they have me going? What do they have me thinking? And most important, what do they have me becoming? Then ask yourself the big
question: Is that okay?"
Jim Rohn

Stay strong,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, M.Sc.
www.KettlebellWorkouts.com

No comments: