Wednesday, May 12, 2010

New Gym Workout

I just got back from a workout in a new gym.

The gym has a ton of cool equipment, including 3 power racks, a safety squat bar, rings for chinups, a football-bench press bar (this has a lot of different grips and is made by EliteFTS.com).

It also has a glute-ham raise, a reverse hyper, and a platform for Olympic Lifting. Pretty sweet. And it's all less than a 15 minute walk from my new place.

It's going to be tough NOT going there twice a day, every day! It's like an amusement park to me.

Today's workout:

1) Depth Jumps

2) Front Squats

3A) Glute Ham Raise
3B) Cable Abs

4) DB Reverse Lunge

Also did a 90 minute dog walk at 6am out to the beaches and back...dog went in the water and then we turned around. Cold and wet...

Finally, today's kickbutt mindset quote:

"In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It's not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently."
Tony Robbins

Stay strong,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Author, Turbulence Training

PS - Don't forget what I said last week...

""To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done"

You MUST step outside of your comfort zone to get results in EVERY aspect of your life.

That's just one of the reasons I moved to the east side of Toronto...it was safe and easy living in my brand new apartment on the west side, but I always wanted to know what it would be like living closer to the beach and the "grittiness" of east Toronto.

And even though I've only been here one day, I'm already loving it.

So keep pushing. That's how you reach your peak potential.

1 comment:

andrewjameslowry said...

Craig, I hope you enjoy the Beaches. I told a single co-worker that you had moved into her neighbourhood and that she might see you with Bally when she is out for a run. Her question, 'Was is he single?' So watch out at least one attractive woman is looking for you.

BTW continue to enjoy your many blogs, posts and podcasts.