Monday, June 14, 2010

Tanning Helps You Look Leaner?


On Sunday I wrote a big long 14-day fat loss guide and one of the tips I included was that you should get a tan to help you look leaner.
I tried to prove that by comparing these photos. The first one was taken in July of 2008, and I am much more tanned. The 2nd was taken this weekend (June 12, 2010) and I haven't got a lot of color.
The "tan" photo shows off the abs a little better...it is not as dramatic as I had hoped, but still proves the point. I think?
The dog also seems to have gotten lazier in the past 2 years.
My tan won't be getting any better today as I sit inside and watch World Cup games (it is cloudy out anyways). Here's the workout I did:
1A) Deadlift
1B) Jumps
(Jumps were good but I pulled my teres major I think in my last rep of deadlifts...I should have known better...fortunately a little ART - Active Release Technique - from my chiropractor should have me fixed up.)
2A) Barbell split squats
2B) Ball plank
3A) Glute ham raise
3B) Power shrug
And here's today's simple yet powerful kick-butt mindset tip:
"To change ones life: Start immediately."
William James

So be better than yesterday. Take baby steps everyday. Do at least one thing better, one thing different. And get a tan?
Stay strong,

Craig

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know...maybe the first picture is a darker day, darker exposure or something, but I think the "whiter" you looks leaner. Could be that you're a little lighter (poundage-wise) than 2008, too?

Ilana said...

I have read over and over again that getting a tan leads to a leaner look. I am SO pale that it isn't worth how ridiculous I'd look tan just for a slight difference in lean appearance!

As far as your two photos go, I would say you look almost exactly the same, it's just that the 2008 photo is more of a close up shot so I can tell there is alot of definition there in your abs that isn't quite as visible in the 2010 shot. You're so lean and in shape anyway that I doubt being pale could ever really play that down :)

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

@anon - I am weighing slightly less these days...maybe 5 pounds. Time to eat more.

@ilana - thanks for the kind words!

Anonymous said...

Both pictures show what a great diet and hard work can do,Minus the tan.You could wash laundry on those Abs!