Friday, June 11, 2010

Toronto Hill Sprints








Alright, so I ran some hill sprints at an awesome park in Toronto - Riverdale Park East. In photo 1, you see the park, the hill, and the city, in all its glory.
In photo 2, you see me at the bottom of the hill. In photo 3, me starting my sprints, and in photo 4, at the end of the 6 sprint workout. I'm going to tackle that hill at least once per week this summer.
While I was there, I also filmed an interval training video for TT members, featuring 7 sections:
1) Interval Training Warmups
2) The Truth About Beginner Interval Training
3) Everything You Need to Know About Interval Training Intensity
4) Hill Sprints
5) Shuttle Runs
6) The Best Duration for Interval Training
7) How to Combine Interval Training with Bodyweight Exercises
I hope that will be ready next Friday.

My legs were tired after training, but feel great today.
I did a short upper body workout this morning:
1) Bench Press - 5 sets of 1 rep at 90% max (I used 245 pounds)
2A) DB Incline Press - 3 sets of 6 with 70
2B) Seated Row - 3 sets of 10
Also did a long warmup and lower body stretching.
This afternoon I'm going to play with some equipment outside as I work on a bonus program called "The Football Field Workout" - coming in July.
Today's Resource:
TT2K10 is a great TT program if you are looking for something to use during your TT Transformation

And today's kick-butt mindset tip:

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it well and serenely.”
Emerson

So if you fall off track, forget about it. Learn from your mistakes and move on to planning so that tomorrow will be better.
Stay strong,
Craig

4 comments:

Russell said...

About how long is that hill? Can't really tell from the picture.

Anonymous said...

The 2-D effect no doubt loses some of the ability to see how big the hill is, but it looks big! And, Craig, what are you weighing these days? Is it time for a summer mass build up?

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

Russell - its about 20-30 seconds, gets quite steep at the top

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

@anon - only about 175.