Sunday, June 27, 2010

Vince Del Monte Wedding Lessons

2 important lessons from Vince Del Monte's wedding:

1) One of the biggest factors for success in life is in the inner belief in yourself and the determination that you will succeed no matter what. Giving up is not even an option.

2) You will be a better person and have more success in life if you make an effort to build strong relationships with others who always challenge you to reach your peak potential. Wonderful wedding!

More details about the wedding celebration - including more life and transformation lessons - to come later this week after I let things sink in. Vince and his beautiful wife Flavia are surrounded by incredible families. Very strong relationships. Powerful stuff!

My night ended around 1:30. Out of habit, I woke up at 6am, and got my butt on the road to Hamilton, Ontario, to watch the England-Germany game with one of my boys. And boy oh boy, they will be talking about this one for years...

Coulda-beens, shoulda-beens. Was it karma for 1966?  

I'm fascinated by the game of football and the drama it brings.

After the match, I drove back to Stratford for a big dog walk, and then went to the gym for a bigger workout. But before that, I have a damaging admission to make.

Once every couple of months I'll make a questionable decision to drink a can of Monster Energy (the blue flavor). And I did that before my workout....and I had a really good workout.

1) Regular Squats (3x5)

2) Front squats (3x8)

3A) Back extensions
3B) Reverse lunges
3C) Planks

I don't know if it was the day of rest or the Monster drink, but I added an extra 40 seconds on to my regular plank time. And I could have gone longer if someone put a gun to my head. Interesting...

That's it for today...until tomorrow, here's a cool little test you might want to try this week:

=> 3-Minute Pushup Test

Stay strong and get around the right people,

Craig 

1 comment:

Luke M-Davies said...

Thanks for the great wedding lessons Craig!

As for the Monster Energy, I experience something similar when I take a red bull shot before some of the events I compete in such as an open watr swim I did last weekend. On the one hand, its obvious because these drinks do what they say on the tin but I think the effect is increased either because my body is not used to such ingredients, or it's the power of my mind (or both!).

The odd can of Monster seems to do more good than harm given the better workout results...