Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Workout With Sore Muscles?

One of the most common questions I get is, "Can I still workout if I have sore muscles?"

I answered  that question in depth in this article:

=> Should you workout if you have sore muscles?

In the end, it will be a judgement call. After all, there are varying degress of soreness.

For example, my legs are still too sore from Sunday's squat session to do deadlifts today. I would have ended up altering my form and messing up my lift, so I changed todays' workout to upper body because there was no soreness from Monday's workout.

1A) Overhead squat (3x5)
1B) Chinups (3 sets)

2A) 3-board bench press (3x5)
2B) bodyweight row (3x17)

3A) Ring dips (3 sets)
3B) Ball plank (3 sets)
3C) Ring Rear Delts (3 sets)

Lower body stretching.

Train smart and safe!

Now for today's kick-butt mindset tip:

Look at every new day as an opportunity to do better than yesterday. And a chance to learn something new that will make you better and get you more results. Don't look back with regret about mistakes that were made yesterday, there's nothing you can do about a workout you skipped or a bad meal decision. Just focus on what you can do today.

Stay tough,

Craig 

No comments: