Monday, July 19, 2010

Making the best of a bad situation

And thus ends the 16 hour travel day from Austin to Toronto, with a 6 hour delay in Houston. Definitely not as smooth as the flight down through Chicago...I can only hope that the streak of crazy Sunday airplane stories doesn't continue next weekend.

But you have to make the best of a bad situation.

And it helps when you are prepared. I had plenty to do. I had the right snacks (2 apples and trail mix).

And I had the right attitude.

So make sure, that no matter how bad things get this week, that you...

1) Make the best of a bad situation - so that you still make progress no matter who conspires against you
2) That you are prepared for the worst - so identify the obstacles in your life and come up with 2 solutions for each
3) That you always keep the right attitude...and never, ever, EVER give up.

By the way...my in flight entertainment was:

a) the latest Wired magazine (okay, nothing special)
b) The movie,  Date Night - I lasted 5 minutes
c) The movie, Green Zone - I lasted 10 minutes
d) The movie, Lost in Translation - I watched it all. It was okay.
e) A lightening storm. On both sides of the plane. While we landed. But surprisingly, it wasn't at all bumpy on the way down. But still impressive to watch.

Alright, stay strong, and have a great day,

Craig

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So,I've been following TT work-outs and Craig's excellent advice on diet since February and i'm pleased to say i've lost a total of 26lbs,and for the first time in my life i can actually say i have 6 pack abs!

Anonymous said...

My new favorite breakfast is 1 cup wild blueberries-1 cup organic raspberries-2oz of walnuts and the peels of 2 apples, all sprinkled with alot of cinnamon and stevia!

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

Congratulations on your success!