Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My #1 Strength Training Book

Nice new workout today...by doing Rack Lockouts instead of Bench Presses, I had more strength left for DB Incline Presses. Nice combination of exercises.

My workout was:

1A) Med ball throw
1B) Stickups

2A) Rack Lockout
2B) Seated Row

3A) DB Incline
3B) Ring Pullup
3C) Ring Bodyweight Triceps Extensions

Before I hit the gym, someone asked me on Facebook what my #1 strength training book was?

My answer:
Good question. It would be either my University exercise physiology notes or Vladimir Zatsiorsky's "Science and Practice of Strength Training".

Don't miss the next fitness qna here: www.TurbulenceTrainingFanpage.com

Now for 3 kick-butt mindset tips:

1) Know what you want to achieve/where you want to go. Write out a plan to get there. Implement & review the plan everyday.

2) "Do you have an opportunistic mindset, focused on the possibilities in your life? Or do you always focus on the obstacles? Start to pay attention and change your mindset to set yourself up for success." - Rachel Cosgrove

3) "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem a turned it into an opportunity." Joseph Sugarman

At the very least, every problem teaches you valuable lessons so that you will make the right decision next time you are in a similar situation.

Learn from everything and take action,

Craig

 

1 comment:

GOATGamer said...

science and practice of strength training was a great book but in my opinion rippetoe's starting strength is #1