Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bally the Dog Does Intervals

Woof.

Bally the Dog here again, as Bally the Human has gone on another one of his adventures. By the way, he's working on another free travel report for you, but I'm happy to fill in and play with you today.

*wags tail*

You're going to get my favorite interval training workout.

Also, and don't tell Bally the Human, but while he's gone I've set up a sweet TT interval training workout deal for you today here:

=> http://www.turbulencetraining.com/intervaltrainingworkouts

I figured I'd put these workouts on sale so I could earn a little human money to go buy a bag of peanut butter biscuits. And maybe some bacon too. Mmmmm, bacon. *drools*

And when it comes to exercise, dogs love to do intervals.

You know, sometimes I see other dogs jogging with their humans, but you probably didn't know most dogs HATE jogging and slow cardio.

We were made to sprint! Sprints are why us doggies are so lean, unless you feed us too much bacon.

So here's my favorite doggy interval session I use to stay lean and keep my six pack doggy abs (even though I'm a 5-year old lab).

After a warmup, including some downward dogs and a few loud barks to get motivated, I do:

1) 20 seconds of jumping up on people
2) 20 second shuttle sprint chasing a ball or small, yappy dog
3) 30 seconds dog wrestling (I like wrestling those uppity Labradoodles)
4) 30 second shuttle sprint chasing small dog or stupid catz

After the circuit, I take a minute to roll around on my back. I love doing this. You should rub my belly when I do this. Woof!

Then I repeat the circuit 3-6 more times, depending on my energy levels and how much time I have before Bally the Human takes me home.

Translated into your weird human exercises, it goes like this:

1) 20 seconds repeated vertical jumps
2) 20 second shuttle sprint
3) 30 seconds pushups
4) 30 second shuttle sprint

After the circuit, take one minute rest to pet your dog and tell your dog "how good they are". Then repeat 3-6 more times. Then go home and get your dog a treat. Like some bacon.

Interval training is the key to getting lean and staying lean. I bet Bally the Human is doing some intervals down in Mexico.

So join us in using the best fat burning interval workouts, and in saying "goodbye to boring cardio" forever. Get your intervals here:

=> http://www.turbulencetraining.com/intervaltrainingworkouts

Woof-woof, bark-bark, wag-tail-wag,

Bally the Dog
Guard Dog, Turbulence Training

PS - Those 31 human interval training workouts are ONLY...

...available at 50% off until Thursday night at midnight. It's a sweet deal - almost as good as bacon...and gives you dozens of workouts for just pennies per fat burning program.

=> http://www.turbulencetraining.com/intervaltrainingworkouts

(Plus, you get TT Bodyweight Cardio 3 for free.)

If you like that, now would be a good time to *virtually pat me on the head*.

Thank you. *licks your hand*

Woof-woof, bye-bye.

2 comments:

Ian said...

Bally-

The structure of this sort of workout is so simple, but actually DOING the workout, going hard, takes some grit.

I like your approach of mixing up the interval periods. So many of us HIIT fanatics are fixated on the "magic" of the 20-10 tabata interval. It's just one option, as you present here.

Thanks for your post,

Ian

Washington DC Weight Loss said...

Thanks for sharing! This one is definitely an approach to deal with. Thanks!