Saturday, October 30, 2010

Favorite Fast Food Restaurant

Once a month, when I'm not traveling to the USA, I drive from Toronto to my hometown of Stratford (to spend a weekend in the country at my parent's farm).

And each week, I stop in at my friend's restaurant, called "Freshii", where I order a vegetarian burrito (full of spinach, peppers, onion, brown rice, and other fresh ingredients).

I also order a bowl of chicken for my dog - he like-a the meat.

Anyways, Freshii is EVERYTHING that you've ever wanted in a fresh, fast food joint. Check out their store and sustainable mission:

=> http://freshii.com/

Freshii is focused on becoming the most convenient choice for healthy and fresh meals and snacks served quickly in a cool, clean, and environmentally sustainable setting for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks in between.  

It's been called the next "Starbucks".

Wouldn't it be cool to have one in your neighborhood?

You can search their site for a location in major cities near you.

Okay, but you might be saying, "Craig, I DON'T have a Freshii in my neighborhood. So what do I do?"

Well, check out their vegetarian-friendly menu here and use it for ideas for meals to make at home:

=> http://freshii.com/menu.php

I mean, just scroll down and look at their salad ingredient options.

Yummy. I usually make this salad at home everyday at lunch:

- spinach, re-heated black beans, mushrooms, red onion, broccoli sprouts, red pepper, and diced tomatoes

And believe it or not, I actually top that with salsa - using my favorite healthy brand, "Mrs. Renfro's". That keeps me full from noon to 4pm, when I have my afternoon snack.

In my next email, I'll be bringing you my NEW daily blender drink plan soon. I've switched it up and added more green drinks to my day.

Enjoy,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS

PS - If you want to discover...

...more of my personal workouts and diet tips (plus my crazy travel adventures), please join me on Facebook here:

=> http://www.TurbulenceTrainingFanpage.com

No comments: