Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Meathead Tuesday Workout

An excellent meathead session today in the gym. Short, yet effective.

Today's workout:

1A) Rack Lockout (245x3x6)
1B) Underhand Seated Row

2A) Pullups - 1 set of 8
2B) Chinups - 1 set of 8

3A) Bodyweight triceps extensions with rings
3B) Barbell curls.

I dropped full range of motion pressing today because my left shoulder is still not 100%...I should have done this 3 weeks ago, but I'm a meathead.

Fortunately, I'm getting ART on Friday from my chiro, and I should be 90% next week...rack lockouts don't bother it, so I'm using those for one more phase...might add floor presses as well.

Today's resource:

Everyone, including me, is currently reading Jay Ferruggia's latest book for ideas

=> Jay Ferruggia's Minimal Workout

And today's kickbutt mindset tip is a classic:

"Anything in life worth having is worth working for."
Andrew Carnegie

Stay strong ALL week,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Meatheads Workouts

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Did my last Meatheads 4X4 workout today at school during lunch. Loved the program for its minimalist approach...did lots of work in a short time. Thanks for the link to diesel training for grip strength.

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

Happy to help Aaron.