Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Bodyweight Circuit Workouts

I'm sitting here in the Houston airport waiting for my connecting flight back to Toronto, and I already miss Panama.

We had amazing dinners at the Pangea, Tre Scalini, and Beirut restaurants. I did two fantastic workouts at PowerClub gym. And I had a luxurious stay at the Hotel Riu. I shall return.

The only problem with the workouts is that I ended up spending $36 on day passes.

But that's a necessary evil for me, because I love the gym (the PowerClub had amazing "scenery" as Panamanian girls are both beautiful and athletic), and I hate to go without my weights...

...but if you want to save money and lose fat with short, NO-equipment bodyweight exercise workouts, then get 3 unique bodyweight workouts here:

=> http://www.Bodyweightcoach.com/go/turbulence

That's the best deal I've seen since the giant $7 room service breakfast I've been having all week down here in Panama. For less than the price of lunch at Subway, I was getting a delicious omelet with toast, a bottle of water, and a huge plate of fruit (banana, watermelon, pineapple, strawberries, and honeydew melon).

I'm going to miss that breakfast.

By the way, as I was sitting here I received an email request from a magazine to help them out with a hotel room bodyweight workout. And BOOM! I came up with this...

Sure, it's very simple. What you'll do is alternate between lower body and upper body exercises in a circuit, with some total body ab exercises thrown in. Of course, you can't train your upper back in a hotel room without equipment (unless you have resistance bands), so make sure you get to a gym once per week to do some dumbbell rows or seated rows. Almost every hotel has those in their gym.

Circuit:
- Do only half the reps in the first round.
- Do not rest between exercises.
- Rest 1 minute at the end of the circuit before repeating as many times as possible in 20-30 minutes.

1) Prisoner Squat - 20 reps
2) Pushup - Do as many as possible, stopping 2 reps short of failure
3) Reverse Lunge - 15 per side
4) Plank - 60 seconds
5) Split Squat - 12 reps per side
6) Close-Grip Pushup - Up to 25 reps
7) Side Plank - 30 seconds per side
8] Jumping Jacks - 1 minute (optional)

Great times!

And now onwards to Toronto and back to Bally the Dog,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Creator, Turbulence Training

No comments: