Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Metabolic Workout and Cooking

I had a rough few days last week, so on Sunday morning, I beat the frustration out of myself with a hard-core workout at Powerhouse Gym in Tampa, Florida.

I hit their outdoor "Gauntlet" area where I did heavy sled drags and Sledgehammer tire smashes, followed by tire flips and MMA dummy carries, and then finished with prowler pushes.

I was exhausted at the end of it, but feeling a lot better.

And I'd estimate the 40 minute metabolic workout burned about 550 calories.

After my favorite fitness couple, Vince and Flavia Del Monte dropped me off back at my friend Joel Marion's place in Tampa, I went up to his condo - with my side-kick, John "Roman" Romaniello and we raided Joel's fridge.

You see, Joel had a big birthday party on Saturday night, catered by a local Italian restaurant.

There was a LOT of healthy food left over, so I loaded my plate with chicken, broccolini, spinach, and asparagus.

No rolls, no pasta, and no birthday cake. If you want to lose fat, avoid foods that spike your insulin. That's one of the most important fat burning food tips I can give you.

If you take a look at the lunch I had, there was just plenty of "metabolic-cooking" approved food.

I ate a little extra, because around my place in Toronto, neither me nor Bally the Dog swift up that kind of meal. We're all "paws" when it comes to cooking.

That's why we do our best to get other people to cook for us, and when we do, we ask for recipes like these:

=> Delicious Fat Loss Recipes 
 
Tastes great, totally filling, and supports fat loss.

Scientifically proven too, according to a new diet book that I read this week.

I'll tell you all about it tomorrow.

In the meantime, get cooking for fat loss with these recipes:

=> Metabolic Cooking for Fat Loss Recipes
 
Now I'm off to go through my blackberry contacts to see who I can get to cook for me and Bally tonight.

Sincerely,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Author, Turbulence Training

PS - According to Team Turbulence member...

...Lesa, our customer support queen, she loved the following three recipes from the Cooking for Fat Loss cookbook:

1) Feta -Spinach Salmon - Delicious!!! The feta cheese, scallions, spinach and yogurt mixture was "to die for" on the salmon

2) Chicken Picatta - Hands down awesome dish. Served for dinner for a party of 5 and everyone loved it.

3) Deviled Chicken - Really yummy.

Get those and lot more - including vegetarian recipes - here:

=> Metabolic Cooking for Fat Loss
 
PPS - Today is the only day...
 
...to get the bonus Restaurant Recipe guide as a bonus.

No comments: