Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Take an Intro Week To Each New Workout

This week I'm starting a new program with some exercises I haven't done in a while, so I will be doing an introductory week of lower intensity and lower volume. This helps avoid excessive muscle soreness and potential overuse injury. I use this in place of a deload week.

My workout today:

1A) Box Jumps
1B) Sumo Deadlift

2A) KB Swings
2B) BB Split Squat

3A) Ball Leg Curls
3B) Ball Planks

It was still a pretty good session.

Today's Training Resource:
Fasted cardio research vs. a 5 round bodyweight circuit (guess which one I pick)

=> Fasted Cardio Research

Kickbutt Mindset Tip
Make everyone around you better, as that will only make you better too.

Internet Independence Tip  
Become a prolific content creator by creating a work area that allows focused concentration and that allows you to get work done in time blocks, especially first thing in the morning. Schedule your day and do not let it get interrupted. Be detailed in your planning. Do not let others steal your precious time.

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Better than cardio workouts

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Craig,

I want to get nice cut lines especially for my abs. I heard that in order to get nice abs, we need to massage and sculpt our abs after exercise so that our abs will look nice and piece by piece instead of asymmetrical, uneven and deformed abs

Have you heard of that? Do you have any idea of how can I do that on my own?

Anonymous said...

In addition to my previous question: The rational of sculpting abs after workout is that if one does not "organize" it when its warm, the abs will be look crooked, different sizes abs and slanted abs. Hence I am seeking your advise on how should I go about adjusting or sculpting my abs.

Looking forward for your response on that. Thanks Craig!

Custom Built Personal Training said...

I think it's pretty simple and yes it works.
You can do it yourself at home , no need of anybody's asistance
Go ahead and start .. you will see the change

Anonymous said...

I have no idea how to do it correctly. Do you know where can I find visual guide on how can I do it my myself?