Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Lesson About Failure

Yesterday I had a really, really bad idea. I'm not embarrassed to call it a complete failure. It's a long story, but more importantly, there is something that we can all learn from my really bad idea.

That lesson is "you can't be afraid to try new things and possibly fail".

It's called "Failing Forward", and that's where we really breakthrough and learn new things about ourselves that allow us to reach new levels.

Failure isn't bad. Failure isn't final.

If there is one thing I know after having observed this crazy world for 36 years, it's that you can SURVIVE almost anything.

A great example is the dozens of TT Transformation Contestants who struggled with their fat loss programs before things finally clicked and they lost more fat in 12 weeks than they
had in the last 12 attempts combined.

I'm simply making the point that no matter how BIG of a failure you have to deal with, you can always RISE up and overcome it.

We have to look at a failure as just a blip on the radar and blink of the eye in our life.

I mean really, think of all the personal struggles you've gone through, and you're still alive, right?

Maybe even stronger for it?

In my little world, I've struggled through months of anxiety attacks and my fair share of personal problems, but nothing has stopped me from trying to get better every day.

Never, ever, EVER give up, as we say here around TT HQ.

Unfortunately, this fear of failure is what stops so many people from having breakthroughs in their life.

It virtually paralyzes good folks from taking action.

But you can't let fear of the unknown hold you back.

And you know what else?

Dealing with failure gets a lot easier once you've dealt with failure.

Because once you've failed, you realize that "nothing matters".

Nothing really matters at all.

The sun still comes up.

No one laughs and points at you on street corners.

Your loved ones still love you.

Especially your dog.  

Life goes on.  

And so you get back in the game and go at it again.

If you want to learn more about how I overcame my anxiety attacks, what I learned from my Dad before he passed away, and why the phrase "Never, ever, EVER give up" is so important to me, I'd love to send you my Personal Memoirs.

It's 40 pages of the best articles I've ever written.

Grab your copy here and I'll ship it out this week:

=> http://www.TurbulenceTraining.com/secretsociety

Thanks for listening,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Certified Turbulence Trainer

PS - One last quote for you...

"There are no failures - just experiences and your reactions to them." - Tom Krause

No comments: