Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Fitness Interval Timer Apps

Question: What iphone and droid fitness interval timer apps do you use to time your intervals? Gym boss? Cardio timer? Anything else?

I posted this on my metabolic resistance training facebook page and received this in reply:

Dave Lambert Workout muse

Jason Tawn Interval Timer by www.plainandsimplesoftware.com

Shelley Lidgren Turk In2shape Round Timer

Lee Clark gymboss all day er'day

Nick Porter Hiit interval timer for Android.

Glenda Watt I'm so thankful for this status! I didn't know these apps were out there and I just downloaded one. Can't wait to put it to use!! :-)

Steve Alford Workout Muse.

Jacy Jean Gym Boss. ... Steve ^ how do you like Work Out Muse?

Darren Bello Don't know last time I changed Gym Boss batteries, one for home and another for away

Joseph Garcia Nike boom

Glenda Watt Incidentally, the one I chose was Interval Timer for iPod. I was going to go with Gym Boss, but they haven't updated for iOS5 yet...fyi.

Jim Vellenga I use a Gymboss Max most of the time, but occasionally I will use an online timer (not sure on the name) when I am working out and don't want to be changing the timer during the workout in more complex body weight workouts. For straight intervals I use the Gymboss.

*******
Awesome stuff.

Now to our regularly scheduled content...

Today's workout for me: Hang Clean, Deadlift (315x7 - double overhand grip), Glute Ham Raise, Ball Leg Curl and Ball Plank.

Today's Training Resource:
For women...a TT workout and fat loss tips
- http://www.TurbulenceTraining.com/freeworkoutforwomen

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
46 days left in 2011. You can still achieve amazing results. You can still make dramatic improvements. You can still do SOMETHING. Start today.

Real regrets only come from not doing your best. All else is out of your control. You're measured by results only. Trade excuses and "trying" for results, and expect half-hearted results from half-hearted efforts. Do more than is expected of you. Life's easy when you live it the hard way…and hard if you try to live it the easy way." – Kekich Credo #4

Stay strong,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Certified Turbulence Trainer

1 comment:

Ron said...

Hi, recently tried out a new product called Set Starter (www.setstarter.com). It's an interval training timer that fits on your thumb. Its' a simple tap of the finger to start/stop the timer. It's working well for me - I use it for running and weight training. I like it because it is nice & small and really does not get in the way.

Cheers,
Ron