Friday, March 16, 2012

Picture of me speaking in California last weekend

I posted a photo of me hitting the stage last Saturday night at the Fitness Business Summit in California.

You can see the photo at www.TurbulenceTrainingFanpage.com

It was way past my bedtime but I still did an okay job AND Bedros and I bought 200 beers (one for everyone in the room), so maybe that's why they said they liked my talk.

Trying to start a new habit of "Finisher Friday". Each week Mike Whitifield, Certified Turbulence Trainer, and I will design a finisher to do after your/our workout.

I changed the finisher for me, so I'm not an official MW-350 man yet.

My left forearm felt strained from deadlifts, so in my best interests I switched out the rows for stability ball leg curls. Much easier than rows.

The ORIGINAL finisher was:

1) Total Body Extensions - 30 reps
2) Bodyweight Rows - 30 reps
3) Pushups - 30 reps
4) KB/DB Swings - 30 reps
5) Spiderman Climb - 30 reps (15/side)
6) Jumping Jacks - 100 reps

But my version was:

1) Total Body Extensions - 30 reps
2) Stability Ball Leg Curls - 30 reps
3) Pushups - 30 reps
4) KB/DB Swings - 30 reps
5) Spiderman Climb - 30 reps (15/side)
6) Jumping Jacks - 100 reps

Time: 6:09

This was performed after:

1A) Squats 3x5
1B) Low Box Jumps - 3x12

2A) Forward Lunges - 3x10
2B) Good Mornings - 3x12

Enjoy that finisher.

Cool Resource for you:

I use 4 exercises to train the 4 metabolic hot zones of the body - get my Hot Zone system here for free:

- http://www.turbulencetraining.com/hotzone/

And part 3 of the Tough Mudder obstacle training series:

Training for tough mudder obstacles
- http://www.ttfatloss.com/tough-mudder-race/

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
Each day make your life a little (or a lot) more awesome. Eliminate the toxic, negative, and harmful influences and circumstances from your life. And add in small positive rituals each day that bring you a little more joy and happiness. Small changes + better routines x good people = BIG results over time.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - attributed to Ralph Waldo Emerson….. To me, it means that it's how we react to circumstances that matters, not the circumstances. Everyone has obstacles in their life, but not everyone chooses to overcome them. So make the right choice and never, ever, EVER give up.

"How many books do you read? One a week? One a month? One a year? You should spend an hour each day studying, reading or learning something to keep yourself and your business on the cutting edge." - Alwyn Cosgrove

How I met The World's Most Interesting Man (in Internet Marketing)
- http://internetindependence.com/most-interesting-man-in-internet-marketing

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Craig is there a bodyweight alternative to KB/DB swings and Stability Ball Leg Curls exercise?