Monday, May 07, 2012

Fitness and Focus QnA

My training today: Jumps, deadlifts, front squats, good mornings, kb swings.

Followed by a big fitness and focus QnA session on Facebook.

First, from www.TurbulenceTrainingFanpage.com

Q: I follow a 3 days full body workout.For my days off I would like to do some conditioning work which I could do with my bodyweight at home..What are some good 15 minute drills I could do with no equipment needed?

Answer:
Check out this program
- http://www.turbulencetraining.com/workouts/2010/june2010_bwcardio.shtml

Q: Craig, for my shoulder workout I do seated shoulder press, seated lat raises, incline bench Flyes for rear Delts, DB shrugs and DB front raises.

Answer:
It's a good workout for a pro bodybuilder on steroids. For you, it's probably going to lead to a shoulder overuse injury. You can cut the lateral and front raises.

Q: I have a lot of experience teaching and working out, but getting certified can cost hundreds or thousands of dollars. Can I just train people based on experience?

Answer:
I think you need to read your question and take a good hard look at what you are planning to do. To me, if you're not dedicated enough to invest in your education, then how could anyone recommend you as a trainer?

And then over to MailScanner has detected a possible fraud attempt from "www.cbathletics.com" claiming to be www.Facebook.com/TheNewEarlytoRise

Q: How do you maintain focus? I'm a polymath, and it can be a challenge to see things through. I struggle staying focused on a single project.

Answer:
You need to identify what is most important to you. You need to create a vision for your life and use that vision to guide your actions. Watch this video for help
- www.anewamericandream.com

Q: What, in your opinion, is the best way to find a mentor?

Answer:
Figure out what you want to achieve, find someone who has done that already, study them to make sure they fit your values, and then do something good for them. Spread their word. Then contact them and tell them how they have helped you. Then invest in whatever mentoring opportunity they have.

Q: I am not a morning person, but I love the idea of getting up an hour before my wife and kids and using that time to work on my Internet business/writing. Any tips on developing the habit of waking and getting out of bed early?

Answer:
Go to bed early, set an alarm, and just do it. You'll get better with practice. No magic answers, sorry.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
Know what you want to get done. Know when you work best. Get one big thing done early in the day. Do not let others get in your way. Own the day.

"I will do this" is the only attitude that works. "I'll try" or "I think" doesn't work. - Kekich Credo #76.....Don't let the fear of failure stop you from achieving the success you deserve.

How to turn bad into beautiful
- http://www.earlytorise.com/turning-bad-into-beautiful/

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

No comments: