Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Get up early

Each morning, no matter where my travels have taken me throughout the world, I rise at 4am to protect my magic writing time – a period in which I am most creative and productive.

The scene of me sitting at laptop, water and notepad by my side, word document opened on screen, had been replicated this year in Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Vilnius, Bergen, Stockholm, Las Vegas, New York, Denver, Austin, San Diego, and of course, Toronto. That's my modus operandi. Early to rise, early to write.

Learn how Neil Strauss, a guy that has hung out with Motley Crue and dominated the Pick-Up Artist scene agrees with me that you'll get more work done in the morning.

=> http://www.earlytorise.com/make-this-one-change-to-your-day/

Not everyone likes my "get up early" advice. As one reader wrote:

"Waking at 5am is brillaint but sleeping at 9pm doesnt even sound practical or profitable. There are going to be times when clients want to take you to dinner or time spent with the kids, loved ones right? I have been wanting to wake early but have trouble reconciling the sleep bit hence i like to know how successful that makes people." - J

My answer:
Hi J, Please remember that my rules aren't your rules. Your rules can and should be completely different and personal to YOUR life.I don't run a business that requires me to attend client dinners so I can pick my own schedule a little better.

The bottom line is that my rules work for me. And the point was that everyone needs their own rules, not that they need my rules. Thanks!

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." - Mark Twain

And be careful of...

The biggest lie we all tell ourselves
- http://www.earlytorise.com/the-biggest-lie-you-tell-yourself/

Stay strong,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

PS - I'll be back with more exercise tips soon...

In the meantime, check out my bodyweight videos at:

- www.youtube.com/cbathletics

No comments: