Monday, August 13, 2012

Meathead Monday and Success QnA

A great Monday for a #meathead workout. It truly was.

My workout: Pullup, bench press, db row, db press, t-bar row, triceps extensions, curls.

Interval Q: Is there a difference in effectiveness running intervals at 30 second run/walk vs 1 minute intervals? I really feel 1 minute ones but breeze through the 30/30 despite running the same track and finishing at the same time.

Answer:

There's no study comparing the two, sorry. Most bike interval studies use 8s intervals and 12s of recovery repeated for 20 minutes or use 30 second bike intervals.

www.SuccessQnA.com

Q: Once you know what you want to outsource in your business what are the best places to find quality help?

Answer:

Elance.com, odesk.com, craigslist, Also fiverr.com for cheap stuff, and guru.com, and your own customer list.

Q:I got the newsletter in the end and everything will be going live in the next couple of weeks. In order to spread the word far and wide about my online presence within the local community, how would you go about that? Make a poster/flyer and go business to business, door to door introducing myself and my site, giving some information regarding the site and what it's aims are. Basically, how would you get as many local people onto your email list and to your website?

Answer:

We cover all of those strategies in Financial Independence Monthly at www.makemoremoneyonline.com. Do NOT try to use OFF-line marketing to drive people to a website. Try to write in a local newspaper, as well as on local popular websites.

Q: Craig, I'm going to walk into a meeting with my boss today where I may lose my job. I started my own business recently, but there is no income yet. I have a wife and a new puppy, and enough savings to last a month. What would you do in this situation? - Lukas

Answer:

I lost a job once. I immediately contacted everyone i knew and let them know. Since you attended underground, you have a decent network, so let people know if it actually happens...you know good people, and good people want to help other good people like you. And if the worst does happen, remember this does not change who you are, what you believe in, and what you stand for. That was the biggest mistake I made...putting too much personal identity into my job...it affected the way I thought others viewed me, even though it didn't change anything in their eyes.

Be a realist, but an optimistic realist. Don't get down. You're young, you're smart, and you're full of energy...and despite what the media says, there is a LOT of opportunity out there in the world and in America for folks of your age...especially good kids like you that are willing to show up on time and do a hard day's work.

Stay strong, and communicate openly with your wife about whatever happens...even if the worst doesn't happen, it's worth having an open conversation with her about what you would have done IF it did happen.

And don't worry about the dog, they will always, always, always love you. I know everything will turn out alright for you.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
"If you're going through hell, keep going...Never give in." - Churchill

"Live life fully while you're here. Experience everything. Take care of yourself and your friends. Have fun, be crazy, be weird. Go out and screw up! You're going to anyway, so you might as well enjoy the process. Take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes: find the cause of your problem and eliminate it. Don't try to be perfect; just be an excellent example of being human." — Anthony Robbins

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

PS - "Figure out what you want. Focus on it. Find people who've achieved what you want and find out how they think and act, and then follow their lead." - Bill Harris

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Hi Craig: Are you still doing interval training on a regular basis? You always indicate what you do as far as resistance training goes, but I haven't seen much mention of interval work. Just curious.

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

Right now, yes. I am on a 9-day training schedule (instead of traditional 7-day schedule). I will write an article about it.