Monday, February 04, 2013

Superbowl Workouts

Yesterday I hit a great morning training session at Powerhouse Gym in Tampa with Bedros Keuilian.

I hit 240 for 1 rep in the bench. A long way from the 275 I was doing in Dec 2011, but I'm on my way back.

Then had a 4-egg omelet (asking for real eggs) with mushrooms, onions, peppers, and tomato, plus a side of kale, and a side of fruit (pineapple and strawberries) at Parkshore Restaurant back in St. Petersburg. Great place. Later in the afternoon, after some Home Workout Revolution filming, I had a pre-game Athletic Greens, an apple, and almonds before heading to Joel Marions for the superbowl party.

At the party I stayed away from chocolate covered almonds...no gluten or dairy, despite the popularity of the chocolate covered snacks and the so-called "amazing cookies" that were available. Also, no beer or booze, just club soda.

However, I did eat a lot of mixed nuts and had some fantastic steak and chicken. During the "balck out", I had a really great discussion about a future book idea with Adam Bornstein, co-author of John Romaniello's upcoming NY Times best-seller. Interesting developments, stay tuned!

Today's Training Resource:
Bodyweight circuit training idea - The BW 101 - to burn off those SuperBowl calories
- http://www.ttfatloss.com/bodyweight-101/

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
Everything you do takes you closer to OR farther away from your goals. Think about that before each and every decision you make.

Every time you say yes to something, you are saying no to something else. When you say yes to more work, you say no to more time with family. You must think about the right choice. How you spend your time is one of the most important decisions you’ll ever make.

- http://www.earlytorise.com/how-to-get-more-done-in-less-time/

What’s the secret to tripling productivity? I call it my Magic Time. And the good news is that you have your own version of it, too. Everyone does. Let me explain. We all have a time in our day when we are literally THREE times as productive as any other time of day. All you have to do is identify that time, recognize its importance, free up that time, and then ruthlessly protect it from the time vampires who try to suck it away from you.

“Wherever you are, be there. Lifestyle is not something we do; it is something we experience. And until we learn to be there, we will never master the art of living well.” – Jim Rohn

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

1 comment:

DeeDee said...

For me my most productive time of the day is when I first get up. When I am fresh and well rested it is easier to focus. I have about a three hour window before my productivity slows down whether due to distractions or the need for a break or whatever.

I always plan my toughest work for the day between 6-9 AM.