Sunday, May 05, 2013

New Training and Travel Nutrition

So nice to get home (even though 11:30pm is a little late for me) and to sleep in my own bed...and go to my regular gym.

Lots of stuff to do to get ready for the next 2 weeks...I go to San Diego (Fitness Mastermind meeting), Denver (ETR filming), NYC - seminar, Toronto for an eye doc visit, and then back to Denver for a cool Home Workout Live Broadcast on Sunday, May 19th. Stay tuned for more details!

Today's Training ... Starting a new 4-week program and returning to Jim Wendler's 5-3-1 approach. I enjoyed his recent article here on getting stronger and bigger:
- http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/531_and_rest_pause_a_six_week_challenge

Today's training will be good, just as yesterday's nutrition was.

Although I ate a couple of Biotrust protein bars, I did pretty well all things considered (having to leave hotel room at 12pm and not having a flight until 8pm...but wanting to avoid spending money).

Thanks to the fridge in my hotel room, I had fresh fruits and vegetables, and then thanks to my upgrade on the flight home, I had a chicken breast, great salad, and some tiny vegetables (skipped the rice, and of course, no bread or cake).

It was tough though, not to ask the kid beside me for some of his licorice, as he broke out a family-sized bag of Twizzlers that he had picked up at duty-free.

Fortunately, I was entertained by the two travel magazines I bought (I have an odd obsession with hotel reviews) and the movie, Gangster Squad.

Lucky to be eating at home today...and the fridge is stocked with real food.

Two days of this and then back to the airport on Tuesday morning - then San Diego! And several nights of Sea Bass at Donovan's restaurant.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
Let’s get clear on:

a) What you want to do
b) What you can do
c) What you’re willing to do

If the answers to all three of those questions are not congruent, then you will always struggle. Period. And here’s a dirty little secret. That’s okay. Maybe you don’t really want to be successful. That means you just have to go back and adjust your answers to A and B based on C. Because the answers to C really determine your standing in life.

Be proud of yourself for taking action, getting out of your comfort zones, and getting closer to the business and life of your dreams. It’s your life and doing the right thing is more important than what other people think or say about you. Stay strong. Get stronger.

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

No comments: