Sunday, June 02, 2013

Meathead Upper Body Workout at the St. Regis Hotel in NYC

Too much caffeine can give you jitters, insomnia, digestive problems, and anxiety.

But coffee isn't "bad".

Here's the #truth on coffee and caffeine
- http://www.ttfatloss.com/truth-about-caffeine-2/

I didn't have any caffeine before my workout, and granted, I was moving a little slow today, but fortunately it was still a good session.

Surprisingly, the St. Regis Hotel gym in NYC had a set of 70 pound dumbbells, 80s, and a single 90 pounder. Weird. Not sure how the other 90 walked off, but I didn't need it. The NYC #meathead workout went like this:

1A) Pullups
1B) DB Chest Press

4 rounds of that superset

2A) Dips
2B) DB Row - the 90lb db came in handy here, literally

4 rounds

3) Face Pulls x 4x15

Good times. Now off to Sarabeth's for breakfast, and then I'll be enjoying another day in NYC. It's going to be warm and humid again, but that's no problem. I have a late (4pm) check-out today from the hotel so that I can get cleaned up before a 10:30pm flight to London for holidays. It's my first time on Virgin airways and I'm looking forward to the experience.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
“Don’t be concerned with other people’s impressions of you. They are dazzled and deluded by appearances. Stick with your purpose.” – Epictetus

Are you winning? Losing fat is a game between you and the outside world. Everyone, from family to friends to co-workers to restaurant owners to TV advertisers is scheming against you to make you eat more and exercise less. Like it or not, it’s true. They might not be doing it on purpose, or with bad intentions, but they are happier when you are fed, full, and flat out on the couch.

You must always know your options. You must have Plans A, B, C, D, and E. You must be prepared to counter-attack. When they say pizza, you say sushi. When they say take-out, you say, “I’ve already prepared my lunch”. When they say, “Happy Hour”, you say, “Workout first.” Surround yourself with people who are fitter and healthier than you.

Stay strong my friend,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

PS - “Don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened.”

(I believe that is a Dr. Seuss quote...can anyone confirm?)

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Hi Craig: A while back I remember reading that you were decreasing the duration of your overnight fast because you had trouble getting in enough calories. Just curious how long your current fasts are overnight and if shortening the duration made a noticeable difference. I am toying with trying intermittent fasting but don't want to lose TOO much.