Sunday, October 27, 2013

Best diet tip for building muscle

It was great to be back and lifting heavy today. I started a new 4-week strength workout, and started out a little lighter than usual because of my holiday from lifting.

My session was:
1A) Squats
1B) Box Jumps

2A) Bench Press
2B) Deadlift

3A) DB Chest Press rest pause drop set
3B) T-Bar Row rest pause drop set

It's also time to return to my regular diet, and I'm glad. I need to build some muscle. Somehow I lost 2 pounds of fat while traveling to Tuscany and eating everything in sight!

Someone over on the TT Facebook page asked what diet change to make when building muscle. Here's the answer:

If you are not gaining muscle now, add 500 calories per day (mostly carbohydrate, some protein, some healthy fat). If that doesn't work after 2 weeks, add 500 more.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
"Discipline and freedom are not mutually exclusive but mutually dependent because otherwise, you'd sink into chaos." - Paulo Coelho

I'm happy to be back on my disciplined nutrition plan after my wonderful trip to Tuscany. For diet help, use this
- http://www.EatMoreBurnMore.com

And here's a perfect article for a Sunday on how to have a happy family. Make sure to read the recommended book:
- http://www.bakadesuyo.com/2013/10/how-to-have-a-happy-family/

Stay happy and healthy,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

PS - I like these quotes I found in Rotman magazine:

"Your legacy is defined by how others approach work and life as a result of having worked with you." - Robert Galford

"Every choice you make, whether at work, at home, or in your community, will be a part of the legacy you leave." - Karen Christensen

Make the right decisions in every moment of life.

No comments: