Monday, July 21, 2014

Weekend workouts and yoga


On Saturday morning I did a short workout before hopping on my bike and heading down to the Savor Stratford food festival in my little hometown on Saturday. I was obviously an early-bird arrival but it was great to see all the booths with organic food.


They even had a booth for "The Barkery", the local doggy treat bakeshop where Bally's Grandma goes to spoil him with treats at Christmas time.


Yesterday I had another Device-Free Sunday. That's where I avoid all electronics. I don't use my cellphone or my computer, and I try not to watch TV (I only watched a little last weekend because it was the World Cup). It makes for a relaxing day filled with friends, family, Bally, and books.


If you haven't tried a Device-Free day since getting your first cellphone way back in the 90′s, I highly recommend that you do! You'll love it…and YES, the world still goes on without you plugged into the Internet all day.
Relax, you'll enjoy it.



Alright, my workouts…


Saturday's 6-Minute Circuit System
Do this workout before breakfast for convenience sake.


Advanced-Equipment Version (with KB-Pushup Gauntlet)
1) Total Body Extension – 30 seconds
2) Kettlebell Swing or KB Goblet Squat – 30 seconds
3) Pushup or Decline Pushup – 30 seconds
4) Prisoner Split Squat or KB Goblet Split Squat – 30 seconds per side
5) Pushup or Decline Pushup – 30 seconds
6) Kettlebell Swing or KB Goblet Squat – 30 seconds
7) Rocking Plank or Cross-Body Mountain Climber – 60 seconds
8) Jumping Jacks or Burpee – 60 seconds
9) Total Body Extension – 30 seconds
- Do not rest between exercises.

Click here for a bodyweight version:
- http://www.earlytorise.com/6-minute-circuit-workout-to-kick-start-fat-burning/

On Sunday morning I did this upper body training:

1) KB Snatch

2A) Handstand Hold
2B) DB Rows
2C) KB Overhead Press

3A) Floor Press
3B) TRX Row

I also had some good British Gentleman progress over the weekend and interactions on dog walks.

And to further calm The Impatience Beast, I've been researching some yoga. I read these two books yesterday as I get back into a 1-2 per week Yoga practice...and maybe figure the perfect combo for a TT Yoga routine.
2 books I read yesterday as I get back into a 1-2 per week Yoga practice...and maybe figure the perfect combo for a TT Yoga routine. Do you Yoga? Are your a Yogi? What's your preferred style? What has it done for you?



Today's Kickbutt Say NO Mindset Tips:
Most people refuse to say "no" to anything. Whether it is too many commitments, putting other people's projects in front of your own priorities, or refusing to block off time for your own work or family, you end up hurting yourself in order to please others. It's OK to say NO. Make the right decision. Never give up on what is important to you.

Overcome your fear/hesitation and ask for the help you need. Get LAZY and do not be afraid to delegate the small stuff. You are a specialized success machine. You can't be bogged down by the trivial tasks. You have BIG victories to achieve. Focus on the few action items that you - and ONLY you - can do. This is where you must spend your time to create BIG results. Invest NOW to save later.

Push on,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT



No comments: