Friday, September 05, 2014

Denver workout and Austin diet

Lots of fun today.

Started with an early bodyweight and dumbbell workout at the Four Seasons in Denver. My business partner, Matt Smith, lives in the hotel (in the residences), but he's moving out in a couple of weeks. This was my last chance to stay there and enjoy the hotel gym (stocked with crappy Technogym equipment!) and The Edge steakhouse (a Denver hot spot).

Today's workout:

1A) Bodyweight Squats
1B) Pushups - did one max set, hitting 57 reps
1C) Bodyweight Rows

2A) DB Chest Presses
2B) Bodyweight Rows

Total reps:
Squats - 301
Pushups - 151 reps
Rows - 100 reps

My neck is a little sore from a handstand-pushup-gone-wrong yesterday morning, but it might be okay again by Sunday morning.

Until then, I'll be doing a lot of chin-ups tomorrow morning.

But Saturday's workout won't be in Denver.

I'm now in Austin, Texas at a BioTrust research event. BioTrust is owned by one of my best friends in the world, Joel Marion and his business partner, Josh Bezoni...but Joel is stuck back home in Florida because he has the flu! Poor guy. So it will be the Josh Bezoni show only this weekend.

I'll be hanging out with Brad Pilon, Shaun Hadsall, John Rowley, Mike Geary, and many others.

Be back tomorrow with some workout updates.

Nutrition Update...

On the way from the airport to the hotel, I stopped at Whole Foods in Lakeway, Texas. This Whole Foods gives the Whole Foods in Santa Monica a run for its money when it comes to the number of hot women in the store. Wow. Way to go, Texas!

I grabbed a lot of nuts (macadamia, pecans, cashews, and walnuts) for this weekend and for my trip to Vegas (starting on Monday). I am taking 6 months off from all almond products as I might have an almond food sensitivity, according to a recent test I completed.

I also grabbed some fruit, vegetables, water and some weird stuff like individual packets of Raw Coconut Butter. I almost yelled Woohoo when I found the packets of coconut butter...because I didn't want to buy a glass bottle of coconut butter only to have airport security take it from me on Monday morning. Raw coconut butter (it's different, and sweeter, than coconut oil) is one of my favorite 'spreads'.

Should be a great weekend.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
Keep pushing. Be aggressive. Attack your priorities. Make massive progress on your goals. Crush the obstacles in your way. Don't stop. Stand up for what is right for YOU. Don't be afraid to say NO. It's your life, your one shot, don't back down on what really matters. Say YES to yourself. Say NO to letting people walk all over you. Never give up on what is important to you! Have an awesome - and powerful - weekend making big progress towards your goals and dreams.

Later,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

--
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
www.TurbulenceTrainingFanpage.com

No comments: