Thursday, November 13, 2014

Back to the heavy

Well, I'm done with the bodyweight training. Almost. Time for a couple of days rest and then some weekend testing of max reps. That will be fun.

After that, I'm going to move to a KB Swing & hamstring training focus for the next 6 weeks till the next contest. I want to get my deadlift close to 405 before January. It's about 375 now. My best ever is 425 at 190 lbs. That's nothing to get too excited about, but I was also seven years younger, and had a training partner.

Today's workout: It was 50 degrees Farenheit in the garage this morning for training. Needed extra warm-up before:

1A) Heavy db chest presses
1B) Heavy db rows

2A) Elevated pushups
2B) DB shrugs












At least someone was excited to go out in this...me, I prefer to look at it.
Photo: At least someone was excited to go out in this...me, I prefer to look at it. ;) Puts me in the Christmas spirit...I don't mind 8 weeks of holiday shopping ads. But dang, it was 50 degrees Farenheit in the garage this morning for training. Needed extra warm-up before heavy db chest presses, heavy db rows, elevated pushups, and db shrugs. Good times. What did YOU do today?
Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:

"To get something you've never had, you must do something you've never done." - #Truth

Yes indeed,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - Eat right for your body type!

You need to know your nutrition obstacles. Write them all down and then write down at least 2 solutions for each obstacle. This will help you avoid nutrition breakdowns. Plan ahead. Do your shopping and cooking and meal prep on the weekends, so that during your busy week you have your meals ready…and you avoid vending-machine regret. Here's a FREE solution to helping you eat for fat loss – www.Turbulencetraining.com/freemealplans

No comments: