Monday, November 24, 2014

Sunday KB and Swim

Turns out it's hotter and more humid in Florida than it is back on the farm. Haha. I was sweating buckets on Sunday morning as I went for a Kettlebell Swing marathon of 500 reps.

Unfortunately several reasons caused me to bail early. One was time, two was a slight blister developing on my left hand, and three was the fact my hands were so sweaty I couldn't grip the bell properly.

But all told I did 350 swings, 205 pushups, and 300 bodyweight squats for a nice 8-5-5'er. Not quite the 1000 reps I wanted to hit, but in 75 minutes (including my 20 minute old-man warm-up), I managed to crush a bunch of swings and test myself.

I plan to make every Sunday a physical challenge workout day. It might be a 4-hour hike with my buddy J-Roc out at Rattlesnake Point. It might be 500 swings. It might be a Tough Mudder. It might be 50 reps of deadlifts at 90% 1RM. There are lots of great challenges to do. I think next Sunday will be my second go round with the 185 pound challenge. I'll do squats, bench, and deadlift with 185 on the bar for max reps. I'll also do chin-ups with an extra 15 pounds on me for max reps. And I think there was one more exercise to do...can't remember! But that should be good for next Sunday.

And after the workout I went for a swim!

Woo-hoo. I'm such a goof (just see my face in these photos!). This was a cold, I mean refreshing, Sunday morning swim near Tampa, FL. Happy to have this opportunity instead of walking through a blizzard like last week on the farm. 
Turbulence Training's photo.
Turbulence Training's photo.
















Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
Willpower is limited - Change takes planning and strategy. "Conquer one resolution at a time, and start with the easiest," says Roy Baumeister, willpower expert.

When faced with hard times, we have a choice...we can keep going or we can quit. All tough times come to an end. If we quit, we only make it worse and learn nothing. But if we keep going, though the situation may be frustrating at first, you WILL be making progress. Things WILL get better. The future WILL become brighter. It may be slow, but it WILL be sure. Never give up on what is important to you. You WILL achieve your goals. You will win. I believe in you.

Push on and stay strong,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT


No comments: