Monday, February 16, 2015

You vs Carbs

I've just learned something really embarrassing about myself. I am defenseless against sugar. If I start eating some, I can't stop. It's embarrassing. If you've ever eaten too many sweets at one sitting, or too many carbs at any meal, then this will help. But there are worse carbs.
 
At the link below, my good friend and top nutrition expert Joel Marion is going to let the cat out of the bag on what is undoubtedly the #1 WORST carb EVER, and how the money-hungry food industry is conspiring to sneak this nightmare carb into just about everything.
 
In the end, this extremely common carb wreaks havoc on your fat-storing hormones in a MAJOR way, and has even been shown to hamper memory, slow brain activity, and increase your risk of Alzheimer's.
 
==> NEVER eat this carb (literally, never)
 
As you know, Joel is one of my best friends, and I visit him all the time (I'll be heading there on Feb 23rd to escape this brutal Canadian cold). The great thing is that Joel helps me avoid sugar because his house is filled with high-protein, natural foods, and each night I sit down to an amazing NO-sugar dinner with his awesome family. Thanks for everything, Joel!
 
If you don't have social support helping you, then at least go here to learn how you can beat the sugar demons:
 

Looking out for your health (and mine, too!)

Stay strong and keep on pushing on,
 
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
 
PS - That struggle you have...with anything in life?
 
It won't go away on its own.
 
It sucks, I know. I've had a very stressful week. One of my best friends is battling anxiety and depression, another friend is in divorce court, and a family member is in poor health.
 
This week has really put my problems in perspective. I know how hard they are fighting, and it's inspired me to push on, stay strong, and going on - no matter what obstacles get thrown in my way.
 
It won't be fun or easy to fix these issues, but I will never give up, and I know neither will you, no matter what is in your way.
 
Stay strong. Have the difficult conversations. And make the right decisions.
 
Remember:
 
Bad habits must be attacked head-on. Do NOT procrastinate. Just do it. Take ACTION. Make the Right Decisions, Right Now, for your Right Life

No comments: