Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Deadlifts and Gobbly Squats in South Beach

Final day in Miami before I head home to Toronto for a few very busy days of appointments and errands. On Saturday I have to get back to Denver. Today I dropped by Crunch Fitness on Alton Road for some deadlifting and a personal best with Goblet Squats.

1A) Hang Clean
1B) Box Jumps

2A) Deadlift
2B) KB 1-Arm OH Press (standing)

3A) Overhead Squat
3B) Leg Curl

And then I stumbled across an 80lb kettlebell and decided to go for a personal best in the Goblet Squat. My past record was 70x17, done at the end of a leg workout. Today I smoked 21 reps with the 80...probably because I had some caffeine before this workout. Good times.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
Failure isn't bad. Failure isn't final. If there is one thing I know after having observed this crazy world for 39 years, it's that you can SURVIVE almost anything and come back better and stronger than ever before.

Don't let the fear of failure stop you from achieving the success you deserve. Failure only hurts when it means you've quit on something important to you. So don't. Keep at it.

The more you move in the right direction towards success, the better you'll feel. Every day work on making new positive habits second nature automatic. Do your best to make little bets and mini-steps ahead each day.

Stay strong. Never quit. I believe in you. You can do it.

So do it,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

PS - Losing fat is a game between...

...you and the outside world. Everyone, from family to friends to co-workers to restaurant owners to TV advertisers is scheming against you to make you eat more and exercise less. Like it or not, it's true. They might not be doing it on purpose, or with bad intentions, but they are happier when you are fed, full, and flat out on the couch. You must always know your options. You must have Plans A, B, C, D, and E. You must be prepared to counter-attack. When they say pizza, you say sushi. When they say take-out, you say, "I've already prepared my lunch". When they say, "Happy Hour", you say, "Workout first." Surround yourself with people who are fitter and healthier than you. Stay strong my friend.

No comments: