Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Squatting and Chatting in Denver on my way to San Diego

I just had a 10-minute conversation with a sweet little old lady from New Orleans. She was in front of me in the security line at the Denver airport. She just started traveling a year ago after her husband passed away and I helped walk her through the security rigamarole.

But she so cute because she had her boarding pass on her iphone, although she didn't know what to do with it when she got to passport check. I went through after her and the TSA agent, as she stamped my old school printed ticket, joked about how cute it was to see the older generation using technology. I whipped out my blackberry and said, "yeah, I'm still using this old thing", and she laughed.

Then I told the nice lady from Louisiana that we (at EarlyToRise.com) just hired a nice young man from New Orleans. She asked me about our business, and within a minute was on our site and signing up for the newsletter, and laughing at our hot topic article, "So Now Kale is Bad for You." Read it here: http://www.earlytorise.com/so-now-kale-is-bad-for-you/

Before the airport I hit the gym for a 5am squat workout. That went down at the Colorado Athletic Club. It has a solid weight room with a couple of squat racks and kettlebells up to 80 pounds. Today's session...

1A) Squat
1B) High Box Jump

2A) Good Morning
2B) Front Squat

Done. 45 minutes in the weight room then a quick breakfast and off on my adventures. I'll be in San Diego till Sunday, then Denver for a couple of days, then back to Toronto, then down to Manhattan, and finally home to the farm on Sunday the 18th of May.

Next deadlift session is on Friday morning at Fit Athletic in SD.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
Everything is going to be okay. No matter how dark the days, no matter how deep the current dip, you are on the way up and out of it. Every step taken in the right direction, no matter how small, moves you back on track towards better days. Never give up on scratching, clawing, and fighting for each inch. An inch turns into a foot, a shuffle turns into a sprint, and you'll get closer to your big dreams and goals with a Never-Quit attitude.

It won't be easy. But you can do it. Lean on your social support, take action on your mentor's advice, do the most important things for your life first thing in the morning before anyone interrupts your day, and progress will be yours. With progress comes momentum, with momentum comes optimism, with optimism comes more action, and so the virtuous cycle goes.

Take that first step in the right direction, right now. It doesn't have to be big, it just has to be made. Let's go.

You can – and WILL do this – I believe in YOU.

Do this,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

No comments: