Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Classic Spaced Out Garage Workout

Let's start with diet. I'm pushing for as many CASS-Free days as possible as I warm-up for my personal diet transformation in the 24th TT Contest.

Tomorrow, Thursday, will be CASS-Free. I don't have any training planned, so I'll avoid caffeine.

Tuesday was a caffeinated day (Zevia cola + a small Green Tea) before a great upper body workout. That was a bit too much caffeine for ol' CB's low caffeine threshold. I was a little anxious for the rest of the day.

Today, Wednesday, was a caffeinated workout as well (Zevia cola only). And it was a DOOZY. It's sessions like these that enhance the effect of the caffeine and leave me in a bit of a spaced-out daze. LOL.

The Workout: I had a tight schedule today. No time to get to the YMCA and back for a barbell squat workout, so I hit the garage gym, and frankly it was probably harder than had I gone to the Y!

1A) Kettlebell Swing (low reps, explosive, moderate weight)
1B) Lower Mobility & Core (short RKC planks)

2A) Powerblock Split Squat - 4x10
2B) Upper body mobility

3) Kettlebell Swing - One set at 70 pounds = new personal best of 34 reps

4A) Goblet Squat
4B) PB RDL

This doozy of a workout (as listed above) lasted 45 minutes, not including a 15-minute old-man warm-up.

After that I hurried off for a couple of work phone calls - in my slightly spaced out state. Ha! Great catch-up with Daniel Woodrum on all of the cool CTT stuff we have going on.

And now I'm off to put some of my latest personal workouts into a classic TT program for October ... and Daniel will be posting the September workout very soon. Stay tuned!

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
If you want to change, it all starts with believing in yourself. Once we truly believe we are capable of better behavior, that's the impetus for all habit change. That's when all of those other physiological tips and tricks actually start to work. So do not procrastinate on change any longer. Just do it. Take action. Believe in yourself, because it all starts there.

I posted that on FB, and received this reply:

Patricia Saunders Looking for some words of wisdom....I NEED to adjust my attitude... I found myself being negative about being up early and the whole workout was "harder" than it needed to, because my attitude was negative....

My answer:
Well, as Monty Python sang, "Always look on the bright side of life!" ... but seriously, I am always grateful for the hardest workout, for the toughest challenges, and for the sacrifices because I know that you have to Pay the Price to Earn the Prize. And as one of my mentors says, "Life is easy when you live it the hard way." - Dave Kekich

And another TT FB Fan chimed in with good advice:

Hanna Staudinger It is really a struggle, but it is all in our minds. I've noticed that I can stick to exercise and eating clean when - and only when - I work my mind. I keep reminding myself of my goals (not just for the looks, but as a reward for my loyal body), and I build a shield around me. This way I can resist my son's snacks!

Stay strong,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - Stop...But Never Stop!

Stop saying you want to change if you're not actually going to do anything about it. If you want to change, take action today, even if it is just the tiniest step in the right direction.



Visit a website to learn more about how to achieve your goal. Buy a book. Start reading the ones you have. Contact people who can help you.



Take that first action step. And then take another one tomorrow, and another the day after that. Every single day from now on take another step forward toward your goal, toward the change you want to make.



Never stop and never give up.

No comments: