Thursday, August 13, 2015

Honey of a breakfast and workout

Wow. Another amazing start to the day here in Istanbul. Just wait till you see what I had for breakfast. It was the healthiest, most delicious cheat day meal I've ever had.  

But first, I woke up early, got to work, finished a major project, did 16 minutes of meditation to calm myself down, and then hit the gym. It was a Meathead Traveler workout and went like this.

Today's Workout:

1A) Standing Shoulder Press
1B) Bodyweight Row

2A) V-Grip Pulldown (leaning back)
2B) Triceps
2C) Biceps Curls

And lots and lots of walking around Istanbul.

BTW, while I trained, the gym's TV was showing a water polo game. Is there any sport more sadistic than water polo? Treading water, swimming, fighting for the ball, getting dunked, slapped in the face...and wearing speedos.

That's my idea of a special kind of punishment.

I couldn't stand watching it, let alone imagine playing it!

Diet Update:
Yesterday was not a CASS-Free day (caffeine-alcohol-soda-sweeteners), and today I tried some Turkish Tea (very much like Black Tea, but served in a cute lil glass cup). Still haven't tried the strong Turkish coffee, and I probably won't. But I will be free of Alcohol, Soda, and Sweeteners today. I definitely don't need any extra sweetness in my diet after all the honey I had for breakfast...it was awesome!

Tomorrow is a travel day, but I'll probably start with more Turkish Tea before heading off to another land of tea, England.

London, England. What's YOUR diet plan for today?
Turbulence Training's photo.
Turbulence Training's photo.
Turbulence Training's photo.
Turbulence Training's photo.
















Time to catch up on some rest. I had an unexpected work issue come up and so I've been doing the sightseeing and work thing back-to-back every day.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
You WILL succeed if you believe in yourself, you take action, you learn from your mistakes, and you persist, day-in and day-out. Never give up on what is important to you. Your time is NOW. Action is the simplest way to avoid procrastination. Be clear about your number one priority and attack it with great energy first thing in the morning.

Get going,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

No comments: